Monday, February 15, 2010

Quick Update

My NEW excuse for not blogging is due to the fact that my not so good ole Dell crashed. No bueno. Still hoping to get it fixed, but as for now it's worthless.

I have a few seconds to give an update since Jett is napping. He has been asleep for over an hour which is a record breaker! Basically, he is extremely unpredictable when it comes to sleeping. Sometimes he will nap 45 minutes (which is pretty normal for him), sometimes longer (which I GREATLY appreciate). Some nights he wakes up once, and others he feels it is appropriate to wake up 7 times! Whatever he prefers! Although last night was pure bliss. I woke up at 4:30 to silence which obviously caused me to worry for a split second. I went and checked on him and he was soundly sleeping. Beautiful. I went back to bed and he finally woke up at 6:00, ate, and then back to bed until 8:30. I really haven't had uninterrupted sleep since before I was pregnant! I'm praying those days will be here soon.

Jett is almost 5 months old already. It sad to me how fast time goes by, but I absolutely love every minute of this, even if I am awake at night. He is still measuring in the 95 percentile for height, and 50 for weight. He is a healthy baby, but we do need prayers for the little guy. When he was born, he was born with hydrociles. Basically, he was born with fluid in his scrotum which causes them to be extremely swollen. Hyrdociles typically go down before 1 year, and if not they can be drained. We have seen the urologist a few times regarding this and our next appointment was scheduled for April. When we went to Jett's 4 month appointment, our pediatrician was now convinced that he has a hernia. These can be repaired through surgery. We will see the urologist this coming Wednesday. Obviously, we would LOVE and are praying that it's not a hernia, but if it is we ask you to pray for Jett and Patrick and I as we take the next steps needed to get our little guy back to "normal."

I will keep you posted and update you on Wednesday. Thanks for all your prayers!

No comments: